Smart Energy Demand Coalition
The SEDC is an industry group, which represents the requirements of programs involving smart energy demand in order to further the development of the Smart Grid and ensure improved end-consumer benefits.
The SEDC Vision is to promote the active participation by the demand side in European electricity markets, ensure consumer benefits, increase security of supply and reduce carbon emissions.
The SEDC focus is to promote Demand Side programs, such as Demand Response, energy usage feedback and information, smart home, in-home and in-building automation, and other programs related to making demand a smart, interactive part of the energy value.
The SEDC supports the 2020 objectives: The Smart Grid is widely seen in Europe as a means to reach its 2020 objectives: 20% lowered energy consumption, 20% lowered CO2 emissions and 20% use of renewable energy resources. Demand-centered programs, such as Demand Response, dedicated to balancing consumption with generation could be said to form the heart of the intelligence of this Smart Grid.
The purpose of the Coalition, a not-for-profit organisation, is as follows:
“Create a community of expertise on demand side programs and their role in creating efficient electricity markets. Through this community, the Coalition will bring forward useful information on price responsive loads, program and technology experience, market structures, and market rules. This will include information on market participants’ roles, consumer needs and actions, enabling technologies, and specific programs as appropriate”.
- Interact with policymakers on behalf of the Demand Side Program industry.
- Intelligence and information gathering for SEDC Members.
- Giving members of the SEDC greater visibility.
- Working with trade, financial and general media to raise awareness of Demand Response, feedback, smart home, etc.
- Providing opportunities for networking and partnering among demand side program and smart grid companies.