Membership in the Smart Energy Demand Coalition is open to all parties. There are two levels of membership: Executive and Associate. In addition to being a visible supporter of demand side programs education and outreach, members receive a number of benefits.
Membership in the Smart Energy Demand Coalition is open to all parties. There are two levels of membership: Executive and Associate. In addition to being a visible supporter of demand side programs, education and outreach, members receive a number of benefits:
As a member of the SEDC you will receive free or discounted registration to SEDC events as well as free access to Webinars held frequently throughout the year. You will also be invited to attend SEDC member-only events and retreats.
European Smart Energy Demand Conference
The SEDC organizes an annual two-day conference each year designed to be the leading European event for sharing of information on smart energy demand. The smart energy demand conference is a meeting place for researchers, public policy makers, representatives of the energy utility industry, non-profit organisations and commercial organisations interested in promoting demand response. The heart of the conference is the presentation and discussion of refereed papers in panel sessions. Keynote speakers address plenary sessions. Plenty of time is set aside for informal sessions and networking in the afternoons and evenings.
Contributions to EU policy making
The SEDC participates actively in the European policy making process, The organization participates in a number of EU policy making and advisory forums, and frequently comments on European as well as national energy policy through position papers and responses to public consultations. The SEDC holds periodic expert workshops and briefings for policy makers. It cooperates with the European Commission and others, to hold expert seminars. These institutions appreciate the competence and integrity offered by SEDC’s network of members.
Information and Research
Membership includes access to a private SEDC website that can be used to search for information by topic, country or company. A member-only newsletter goes out bi-monthly and many other developments are reported on via special bulletins, so you receive a continual flow of information on the latest policy and business developments relative to demand response and smart grid. SEDC staff is also available to assist members with their information needs.
SEDC Members receive significant amounts of publicity and visibility as supporters of smart energy demand programs. Members are listed on all press releases and other documents.
Levels and Dues
Membership in the Smart Energy Demand Coordinating Committee is open to all parties. There are two levels of membership: Executive and Associate.
- Annual smart energy demand conference
- Annual members-only meeting for program and policy planning and development
- Quarterly informational webinars
- Contribute to EU policymaking
- Access to searchable, members-only portion of SEDC website with 65,000 page library of presentations and reports related to smart energy demand
- Monthly teleconference
- Bi-monthly newsletter
- Special bulletins on policy and industry developments
- Member listing on press releases and website
- Speaking opportunities on behalf of SEDC (Executive-level only)
- Media opportunities (Executive-level only)
- Support and participate in policy and education efforts
- Includes a seat on the SEDC Board of Directors
- Entitled to vote on SEDC policy positions and other SEDC decisions
- Entitled to chair SEDC committees and be voting members of committees
- Three free slots at annual members meeting
- Entitled to speak on behalf of SEDC at industry events and with the media
- Entitled to include logo on SEDC website and other promotional material
- €10,000 per year
- Receive all member benefits discussed on previous slides
- May participate, but not vote, in committees
- 50% off slot at annual members meeting
- May convert to Executive member at any time by paying additional fee of €8,000
- €4,000 per year